8 hours | $80.00
Arizona Armed Renewal
– Renewals will be accepted 60 days before the expiration date.
– If the renewal is less than 90 days past the expiration date, please add a $10 late fee.
– The 8 hour Armed Refresher training must be completed every year after the initial 16 hours of armed training. Armed training is only valid for one calendar year.
1. Your employer, a DPS-licensed Armed Security Guard agency fills out Part A/Employer section of the Registration Application and an authorized person signs it.
2. Complete and sign the Part B/Employee section.
3. Submit fingerprints.
4. Submit a passport-sized color photograph of your face. Photographs should be 2″ x 2″ or smaller. (per A.A.C. R13-6-301.A.4.c.)
5. Complete the 8-hour pre-assignment unarmed training course, Part C. The unarmed training verification must be signed and dated by the unarmed guard trainer, and the Qualifying Party or Resident manager.
6. Complete 8 hours of firearm refresher training from a certified firearm-safety instructor, Part D. The Armed Security Guard training verification form must be signed and dated by the firearm-safety instructor and the Qualifying Party or Resident manager.
7. Submit the registration application. Part A, Part B, Part C, and Part D must be complete.
8. Submit proof of identification, such as a photocopy of your driver’s license, passport, etc.
9. Submit $122 cash, money order, cashier’s check or security guard agency check payable to DPS. This covers the $100 registration certificate fee and the $22 fingerprint processing fee. The Licensing Unit does not accept personal checks, credit or debit cards.
Duty firearm, 9mm, .40 or .45, 50-100 rounds of ammunition, duty holster, 2-3 magazines, eye and ear protection, hat, towel, and water.
All paperwork and fingerprints will be done in class.
Must register here and payment in full before attending class. Cancellation of class must be received 7 days before date of scheduled class, to receive a full refund. If cancellation is not received before the 7 Days, a cancellation fee of $50 will be applied.
NO AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN CLASS, PLEASE!