Armed Security Guard New hire, or more than 90 days expired
16 hours | $160.00
– Expiration date will be two years from when DPS processed the application.
– An Unarmed Security Guard registration certificate will also be issued.
– Armed training is only valid for one calendar year.
1. Be offered employment by a DPS-licensed Armed Security Guard agency. The agency fills out Part A / Employer section of the Registration Application and an authorized person signs it.
2. Complete and sign the Part B / Employee section.
3. Submit fingerprints.
4. Submit a passport sized color photograph of your face. Photographs should be 2″ x 2″ or smaller. (per A.A.C. R13-6-301.A.4.c.)
5. Complete the 8-hour pre-assignment unarmed training course, Part C. The unarmed training verification must be signed and dated by the unarmed guard trainer and the Qualifying Party or Resident manager.
6. Complete 16 hours of pre-assignment firearm training from a certified firearm-safety instructor, Part D. The Armed Security Guard training verification form must be signed and dated by the firearm-safety instructor and the Qualifying Party or Resident manager.
7. Submit the registration application. Part A, Part B, Part C, and Part D must be complete.
8. Submit proof of identification, such as a photocopy of your driver’s license, passport, etc.
9. Submit $122 cash, money order, cashier’s check or security guard agency check payable to DPS. This covers the $100 registration certificate fee and the $22 fingerprint processing fee. The Licensing Unit does not accept personal checks, credit or debit cards.